Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Kit Installation

Installation of the kit was fairly straightforward.  The two snags I ran into were:

  • I had to slightly Dremel one of the chainstay dropouts so the flat sides of the motor axle would sit correctly in the bike frame.
  • My bike has combined shifter and brake levers so the included brake levers that serve as disconnects could not be used as intended.  I ended up adding the new brake levers above the existing ones to serve as separate disconnects instead of having the braking and disconnect function combined into one lever.  As such I don't really use the disconnects and they are there only in case of emergency.
The video below shows tips on installation of the various components of the kit:

These are closeups of the major kit parts: